Thursday, July 14, 2011

Join the Vulture Squadron

Dastardly in his pigeon fighting days







































Now here is a real rarity from back in the day, the villainous Dick Dastardly inviting kids to join his team of fliers in their never ending attempt to stop the heroic Yankee Doodle Pigeon.

Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines was a spin off of the Wacky Races series starring that series chief villain and his dog in their WWI adventures.

Honestly not the greatest show ever produced.

But still, how often growing up did anyone ever see a fan club set-up for the bad guys?

And that's what membership in the Vulture Squadron meant, you too got to be one of the baddies.

I'm sure that as a kid that had to appeal.

2 comments:

  1. That's outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually spent my quarter and was in the Vulture Squadron. My sisters still tease me about it. They belonged to David Cassidy's fan club and Bobby Sherman's and I belonged to Dick Dastardly's. :)

    ReplyDelete